Where on the Body Can Loose Skin be Improved with Laser Skin Tightening?
The excitement of losing weight is short-lived when loose or excess skin is left behind. Now, laser skin tightening at Devine Aesthetic Solutions provides a more contoured appearance without invasive surgery or downtime. Our Harmony XL PRO technology increases collagen production so skin in the submental area, hands, abdomen, upper arms, and outer thighs appears naturally smooth and tight.
Dr. Jeanine Thomas is proud to offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures that can make you feel confident. Below, our team describes how laser treatments work and why so many men and women in Arlington, Fort Worth, Midlothian, and Euless, TX work with our staff after weight loss.
Why do I have loose skin?
When a person loses weight quickly, their skin does not always bounce back in the same way. This is because collagen fibers — the protein responsible for skin elasticity and firmness — simply cannot keep up when you lose a lot of weight. Collagen production also slows down over time.
Unfortunately, not even proper diet and exercise can create the toned look you desire. Laser treatments may be a powerful solution when you want to transform different areas of the face and body.
How does laser skin tightening work?
Devine Aesthetic Solutions uses the Harmony XL PRO laser system to tighten mild to moderate cases of loose skin. During treatment, Dr. Thomas targets problem areas with precise pulses of light energy. The heat stimulates collagen production and tissue regeneration, resulting in firmer skin. Patients in the Mid-Cities region start to see results after the first session, with optimal outcomes achieved in as few as 3 – 4 treatments.
What areas do you treat with laser skin tightening?
At Devine Aesthetic Solutions, our team specializes in addressing areas specifically impacted by weight loss. These include the following:
- Submental region: Almost everyone wants a more defined chin and neck. Our laser treatments help reveal a smoother, contoured jawline.
- Hands: Loose skin on the hands is a classic but unwanted sign of aging. Laser treatments reduce wrinkles and lines for a rejuvenated look.
- Abdomen: Loose skin often forms here due to pregnancy or rapid weight loss. We safely target the abdominal area so your midsection seems toned and tight.
- Upper arms: "Bat wings" can prevent you from wearing sleeveless tops or dresses. Laser skin tightening produces youthful arms patients want to show off.
- Outer thighs: Flabby thighs can occur regardless of how much you work out. We can manage saggy skin and restore the natural curves of your legs.
Why laser treatments over cosmetic surgery?
Procedures like a tummy tuck surgery or arm lift are popular ways to remove loose skin. However, these treatments require incisions and significant downtime afterward. Risks like scarring and infection are also possible.
On the other hand, laser treatments are minimally invasive and require no incisions or needles. Plus, you can resume normal activities soon after your appointment. Our patients are thrilled with their results and often come back for additional treatments.
Try laser treatments after weight loss
Excess skin is one of the last hurdles to overcome after weight loss. If you are interested in laser skin tightening, contact Devine Aesthetic Solutions and see how internal medicine specialist Dr. Jeanine Thomas can help you reach your aesthetic goals. Our office is conveniently located in Arlington, TX, and serves patients from Fort Worth, Midlothian, Euless, and other surrounding cities in the Mid-Cities region.